The Old Town Hall is situated on London Street next to the Crown Hotel. Designed by the architect George Briand, it was built in 1851 – 52, and stands on the site of the second Chertsey Market House. It is an Italianate or Palladian design in brick with stone dressings. It has five bays, and an open arcaded ground floor and a pilastered upper floor. There is a balustraded three-bay balcony in front of the three central upper floor windows. From the central doors, visitors mount a wide central wooden staircase which splits and doubles back on itself. Double doors take you through to a large room with a high ceiling overlooked by two galleries above.
The whole building cost just under £1,700 to complete.
The arcaded section of the Old Town Hall was used as a location for weekly market stalls for many years. Other functions of the building have included a library, and Chertsey Museum was housed there from 1965 until 1972 when it was re-located to the Cedars, 33 Windsor Street. The Old Town Hall has since become a bar and restaurant.