As one of three estates created under the tenancy to Chertsey Abbey, Milton Park was held by the Milton, or de Middleton, family from the year 1068 who continued to live there for over 450 years. The house has stood on the same site since the middle of the 12th century and was finally sold by the Milton family in 1522.
In 1519 the ownership of the lands passed to Richard Fox, bishop of Winchester and founder of Corpus Christi College, Oxford, and the estate became part of the College’s endowment. Records described it as “100 acres of cultivated land, 200 of pasture, 20 of meadows, 70 of wood and a water mill known as Trumps Mill”.
Early in the 17th century Corpus Christi College granted the lease to Adrian Moore, whose descendents by marriage retained the lease for the next two hundred and fifty years.
Early in the 19th century the house was rebuilt and ownership passed to Baron de Worms, who later acquired the whole estate from Corpus Christi College together with the adjacent Little Fosters. Milton House was later enlarged using material resulting from the demolition of Little Fosters.
In 1948 the house and some land was purchased by the British Leather Manufacturers Research Association and ownership passed to Johnson Wax in 1978.